Monday, July 4, 2016

Spotlight on Randy Lindsay — @Randsay @anwaconf

First off, Happy 4th of July. I hope we all remember the freedoms we enjoy (like the freedom to write what we want to write), and those who sacrificed for us to have said freedoms.

Please jump on over to the door prize page and check out the new door prizes that have been donated.

And last but not least, this weeks spotlight . . . Randy Lindsay! He will be teaching JUMPSTART YOUR CREATIVE JUICES WORKSHOP and KEEP 'EM READING at the conference in September. Be sure to check out his website, his book, as well as amazing writing prompts he has on his website. You can find him on Facebook and Twitter. Check out his awesome interview below and keep an eye out for a guest post from him soon. Don't forget to register for conference and Enjoy!




*What is the first childhood memory that comes to mind? (That you’re willing to share of course)
When I was very small, my father and I were outside and I spotted some railroad tracks. I went to see what they were just as a train arrived. The train blew its whistle and I ran back to my father as fast as I could, my heart pounding like it was going to push itself out of my chest. 
*What made you decide to become a writer?
Aliens from space visited me one evening and told me that the world would end if I didn't write the greatest story ever told. Not really. I read a book that I didn't like and thought I could write a better one.

*What's your favorite thing to write?
I'm fascinated with ideas involving angels and devils. I like to write stories that take place in either of their realms. 
*What method do you use to write?
I plot my stories before I write them. I use both The Writer's Journey and Save the Cat to give me ideas of what scenes should be in the story and then I string them together. 
*What was the book first and latest book you've read?
My first book was The White Mountains by John Christopher and my latest book was The 13th Reality by James Dashner. 
  
*What is something you wish you would have known going into the writing world?
The importance of writing what you love. 
*If you could travel back in time to when you began your writing career, what would be the advice you would give yourself?
Don't get distracted. Make a plan. Stick with it. 
I wrote my first two books. Then I designed a card game, wrote a musical, and looked into doing voice acting. At this point, I have two novels I want to publish and realize that I only have enough time and energy to do one of them.  
*What would you tell any writer at any stage in their writing?
Enjoy the journey. You don't need to sell as many books as Stephen King to be happy with your success. 
If you happen to be Stephen King, then all I can say is, "Congratulations, you made it."

No comments:

Post a Comment